Job Title: Change Pipeline Manager
Req ID: 189209BR
Location(s): Harlow or Glenrothes
Function: Information Technology
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Change Pipeline Manager to join the Digital Technology function, within the Service and Project Portfolio Management team. Reporting to the SPPM, the role takes full responsibility for the pipeline aspects of the project lifecycle. This includes working with Business Relationship Managers to understand business requirements and form this into viable and costed solutions that are then transitioned to in flight projects.
About Digital Technology
The Digital Technology function is responsible for the delivery of technology services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology to drive revenue growth, improve business efficiency, reduce risk and maximise Raytheon customer engagement and alignment.
- Accountable for the safe transition of change through the DT Front Door process referred to as DT Work Reception.
- Work collaboratively with Business Relationship Managers & Technical Solutions Architects, undertake analysis of new and emerging business requirements, providing a viewpoint on the best route to delivery
- Lead the co-ordination of activities to produce rough order of magnitude costs and subsequent more detailed level costs for internal customers
- Clearly articulate the high-level delivery plan and estimates (including resources & costs) to meet project initiation and governance gate standard
- Responsible for the transition from pipeline to in-flight projects through hand-over to appointed Project Manager
- Responsible for the initial scheduling of small, medium, large, and complex changes and the associated management of customer expectations via the BRMs
- Liaising closely with the business and DT Resource Managers to understand the current schedule and prioritisation of work
- Supporting the Workforce Management process giving visibility of up and coming projects and evolving schedule of work
- Understand high-level requirements relating to all Digital Technology initiatives
- Where appropriate act as point of leadership for smaller changes
- Preparation of pipeline management information reports to PMO to support wider portfolio management for executive boards
- Evaluation of risks and opportunities associated with each requirement, highlighting mitigation as required
- Support the creation of documentation of the overall solution and governance
- Monitor Work Reception process, highlighting opportunities for process improvement and set credible key metrics for BRM, Architecture and Pipeline management to meet or exceed.
- Creation and shaping of business cases as required, and co-ordination to approval for project initiation gate
- Experience in Project or Change Pipeline Management within defence or highly regulated technical industry, ideally within global environments and/or global matrix organisations
- Demonstrable project management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication
- Understanding of lifecycle management of Technology Projects from inception to delivery, especially solution identification, design, pricing, risk management and early project definition before transition from pipeline to full project lifecycle
- Ability to understand complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions
- Experience of operating effectively under the governance of a PMO structure
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and influencing, at all levels within an organisation
- Strong business acumen
- Solid experience of delivering complex technical projects across the IT domain
- High level of proficiency in MS Project, Team Foundation, or other robust scheduling/schedule presentation tools
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office tools
- Ability to work collaboratively with Business Relationship Managers and Solutions Architect
- Ability to multi-task and co-ordinate large amounts of data into a business case and project gate documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, or relatable experience
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared
- PRINCE 2 and/or PMP certifications
- Ideally experienced with process quality methodology and ITIL
- Adept in Microsoft Excel, Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Resource Management experience
- Cost Modelling experience
- Business experience of technology consulting, managed and professional services in commercial or public sector organisations
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.