The KPMG’s Cyber Defence (CDS) Team conducts client facing technical assurance and penetration testing and has a long and successful history in KPMG. Our clients are diverse and we cover many sectors with particular specialisms in Financial Services, High-end Defence Assurance and Telecommunications. We work closely with the NCSC developing new schemes such as Cross Domain Solutions Testing (https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/blog-post/ncsc-cross-domain-industry-pilot-stage-2) and are members of all current NCSC and CREST testing schemes – as a result we conduct interesting and challenging work that isn’t on offer elsewhere.
Our team is made up of skilled individuals at different stages in their careers, centred around three locations in Leeds, Bristol, and London, therefore we are able to offer flexibility in base location, as well as embracing remote working.
As the Operations Manager you will play a leading role in running the Cyber Defence Services (CDS) team, collaborating with the management team and Director to help develop and operate the business. You will have responsibility for the oversight and coordination of all team operational matters.
This role could be full time or part time and will include flexible working.
Key Responsibilities Include:
As the Operations Manager you will:
• Ensure delivery timelines and quality standards are met, this will include but not be limited to, scheduling internal reviews with engagement leads, ensuring the full project life cycle is completed and directing any follow up queries from clients.
• Build strong relationships across internal KPMG functions to facilitate smooth operations, this will include resourcing and other senior stakeholders within Cyber practice.
• Become familiar with the processes/protocols associated with day to day business.
• Become familiar with the concepts of penetration testing and NCSC accredited schemes to support engagements in the team.
• Oversee KPMG Quality & Risk Management processes for clients, subcontractors and engagements. This will include onboarding any new contractors, ensure risk processes are completed and aiding with the drafting of contracts for any new client, subcontractors and engagements.
• Oversee the continued development, coordinating with KPMGs Learning and Development Team. This will include ensuring graduates are supported with training, answering any ad-hoc questions on resources/courses and learning path for each grade.
• Support our lab activities as directed by the lab manager, this will include ensuring licenses/tooling and any other hardware/software requirements are ordered and maintained for team to use for testing.
Skills and Experience
• Proven track record of planning, controlling and closing projects and the ability to manage simultaneous projects.
• Strong stakeholder management skills including experience working with senior level executives across a matrix organisation.
• Ability to escalate issues at an appropriate time and resolve scheduling conflicts
• A background working in consulting environments is desirable and an interest in Cyber security industry but not essential
As the Operations Manager you will be
• Diplomatic with an ability to collaborate and influence at all levels of the business.
• An excellent communicator and negotiator
• A team player with a desire to develop team identity and cooperation.
• Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with a degree of ambiguity.
• SC cleared or the ability to be cleared to SC.
• Agile and enthusiastic to learn new skills in an exciting environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.