UK016-Kilkeel, United KingdomCollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Business Unit Manager to join our Operations Department in our Seating business located in Kilkeel, Northern Ireland.
JOB TITLE: Business Unit Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Business Unit Director
HOURS: 39 hours per week.
Hours of work will be 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:00am – 1:00pm Friday. The post holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post
SALARY: Excellent salary & benefits package
LOCATION: Collins Aerospace
2 Moor Road
The successful candidate will provide leadership within a production/assembly environment where performance is measured against key metrics and quality standards and the focus is on driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership and direction to a large operations team of up to 120 employees
- Deliver world-class quality products in a high paced and dynamic assembly environment
- Responsible for delivery of significant monthly revenue in line with company targets
- Ensure performance delivery against key targets/metrics and quality standards
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction to maximise efficiency and effectiveness within a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Effective budget and resource management
- Lead and drive key initiatives to improve operational support
- Preparation and delivery of various management reports
- Ensure that all Health and Safety standards and requirements are met
- Build and maintain key relationship with customers, program managers and multiple internal stakeholders
- Ensure the organisation’s HR policies and procedures are followed
- Key leader in a matrix team including, logistics, supply chain, quality and engineering
- Development of team members
- Results orientated
- Strong ICT skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, with ability to lead, interact and influence with all levels of staff
- Flexibility to travel worldwide as and when required
Interested candidates must clearly outline how they meet the criteria in their application submission:
- Hold or be working towards a Third level qualification in a related discipline with 3 years’ experience in an operations management role within a fast paced manufacturing or assembly environment.
- Currently working towards or have successfully completed a Management Development Program (e.g. Internal Step Up Programme) with 3 years’ experience in an operations management role within a fast paced manufacturing or assembly environment.
- Can demonstrate 10+ years’ experience in a comparable Senior Operations management role within a fast paced manufacturing or assembly environment.
- Ability to demonstrate the application of continuous improvement techniques such as Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Experience of external customer management
- Experience of operations management within an ERP/MRP environment, preferably SAP
You must clearly outline how you meet the essential and desirable criteria specified as above. This information will be used for shortlisting purposes.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is on Sunday 10th October 2021.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.