At, PwC, our Commercial Controls team typically reports to the CFO or CPO, providing expert challenge and scrutiny over third party relationships in order to deliver improved outcomes, whether that is reduced cost or risk, or an increase in business performance. We deliver complex programmes of work using a high-performing team diverse in its experience in performing contract reviews, commercial and commercial management, deal shaping / re-shaping and negotiation.To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re seeking talented, high performing professionals to join our team across all levels of experience. If you enjoy working with high profile clients – often household names – then our growing Commercial Controls team at PwC will provide you with that opportunity. The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing work-streams within a larger engagement;
- Delivering contract reviews;
- Assessing projects/contracts to review the compliance, effectiveness or maturity of a client’s supplier and performance management activities;
- Reviewing commercial matters (i.e. major deals / business cases / commercial strategies) and providing observations, recommendations and proposals to clients;
- Leading or supporting the formation and / or review of complex third party arrangements
- Leading and performing supplier compliance and dispute resolution activities, to investigate value leakage or identify poor performance;
The role is primarily client facing at a senior level in often time-pressured environments; whilst there is frequent scope to innovate, recommendations must be based upon clear commercial logic and a robust understanding of the client’s unique circumstances and issues. Additional activities may include:
- Giving and supporting industry presentations;
- Contributing and leading on business development activities;
- Contributing to thought-leadership; and,
- Coordinating training / preparing management information.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to be part of a growing Commercial Controls team, where you can directly contribute to our growth agenda and shape the direction of your career
- You will operate as part of a close knit team and will benefit from interaction from senior team members and other experts from across the PwC network
- World class training and development
- Challenging, impactful and diverse work
- Joining a close community, regular team socials and national Commercial Controls team events
- Opportunity to be part of a technology enabled environment and bring that to our clients
- Market leading total benefits package
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Previous experience of working in professional services either delivering cost reduction, commercial strategy, dealing shaping or contract review programmes ;
- Previous experience of implementing commercial arrangements with either customer or supplier facing contracts
- Previous experience leading or providing input in to procurement activities and negotiation/contracting strategies;
The role will allow the right individual to progress rapidly through the firm and develop a broad set of skills and experiences that are highly valued by senior executives at our clients.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.