Goodrich Actuation Systems Limited, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EH
Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Business Development Manager to join the team in Wolverhampton.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a key contributor for the identification, targeting and capture of viable new business in accordance with the objectives stated in the company Strategic Plan working as part of a team led by the Business Development Director (BDD). The BDM is responsible for forming business relationships with key customers, to solicit and deliver appropriate pre-proposal activities that lead to formal customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), as well as leading the preparation and delivery of successful Actuation Systems (AS) Business Proposals.
This involves working pro-actively within a multi-disciplined team that meets Customer expectations and Proposal deadlines.
The BDM is also expected to input market intelligence on customer developments, product technology and competitor positioning.
- Work in manner that adheres to all the companies Ethical Standards, Information Technology Policies, People Philosophies and EH&S Policies and Procedures
- Focal point for promoting AS to new and existing customers
- Identification and keeping current of Customer organisations and management structures
- Identification of key decision makers and influencers within Customer organisations
- Establishing of appropriate relationships with key customer management
- Identification of new business opportunities
- Input of opportunities to Marketing Opportunities Database
- Prioritisation of new business opportunities
- Quantification and Prioritisation of new business opportunities for Strategic Plan
- Soliciting and delivery of pre-proposal activities, such as Trade Studies, Requests for Technical Information (RFTIs) etc. to the Customer
- Receipt and distribution of Request For Proposals (RFPs) within AS
- Identify AS Proposal Themes, Unique Selling Points and Capture Strategies
- Delivery of AS Proposals in accordance with RFP dead lines
- Post-proposal follow up activities
- Identification of path to secure order
- Input to team to Policy Deployment
- Demonstrate an understanding and participate in CI/ Lean activities
Personal Characteristics/ Qualifications
- HND/Degree qualification in engineering or technical discipline
- Good practical knowledge and understanding of international aerospace and associated industries
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to empathetically communicate Customer expectations
- Previous experience and a proven capability in securing bespoke, to-type systems in an aerospace or associated environment or Customer interfacing discipline
- Operates with the highest level of personal integrity.
- Computer literate; familiar with general PC software (e.g. Windows, MS Office)
- Good written and oral English language skills
- Able to undertake domestic and overseas travel as required
- Flexible approach, calm under pressure and responsive to change
- Military experience would be beneficial but not essential either though service in one of the armed forces or working for an tier 1 or tier supplier
- A passport on any NATO country would be beneficial but not essential
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. Collins Aerospace is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion because we believe that acknowledging and learning from people from many different backgrounds and interests creates an environment where everyone can be their best, ensuring that Collins can be its best. All welcome. All equal. All in.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.