Business Development Lead – National Security
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We solve problems for our customers by bringing together great minds, working together to make the world a safer place. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation and digitally transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
We’re part of BAE Systems, the global Defence and Security Company and have around 5000 employees in 16 countries across UK & Europe, Asia Pacific & the Middle East. BAE Systems Digital Intelligence target two primary sectors: Defence & National Security and Government & Critical National Infrastructure. We have a particular domain focus into Cybersecurity, Cross Domain Solutions and Digital Transformation. As a member of our Digital Intelligence division, you’ll truly get to work on some of the most challenging cyber security problems in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Sales and Business Development professional where you will play a pivotal role in developing relationships and growing pipeline for our National Security business. You will be accountable to the General Manager for identification of opportunities within your sector and prosecution of the same. You will contribute to the overall business strategy through the provision of highly astute market and competitor insight and business development leadership.
- Develop, manage and lead pipeline generation aligned with the business strategy within market sector
- Manage and develop key stakeholder relationships with clients, partners and BAE Systems Group, particularly DI UK and BAESA
- Manage all opportunities within Salesforce in line with sales governance and process requirements including the BAE Systems-Digital Intelligence Qualification Review, Solution Review and Approval Review process
- Own end-to-end opportunity and lead management, including conversion of qualified leads utilising the Miller Heiman Blue Sheet process and DI Australia’s tailored score card & Compelling Value Proposition methodologies
- Inform sales and marketing team providing guidance on NS Portfolio market trends, changes in business practices/technology, perspectives and opinions
- Formulate and execute business development strategies and direct major proposal activities as appropriate
- Establish and lead Integrated Capture teams (ICT) as required to pursue and capture major opportunities
- Collaborate with the Business Unit and Capabilities organisation to define their short and long term strategies and to deliver services to customers within reasonable schedules and budgets
- Ensure all appropriate internal stakeholders are familiar and supportive of the prospective customer engagement and account plan deliverables
- Management of sales forecast for order intake and alignment with IBP
- Vertical DI Australia Strategy contribution
Canberra based role with a minimum of NV1/NV2 clearance required for this role.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.