Business Development Executive
Cyber Space & Training
This exciting, forward leaning role will involve identifying and leading opportunities, engaging with Customers, shaping and leading bids. This is an important role within in our extremely successful National Security Cyber (NSC) team who have consistently exceeded targets over several years.
The successful candidate must have a willingness to be proactive and forward leaning in supporting our Customers mission. They will be expected to work well with others, adapt quickly to changing Customer needs working across multiple mission areas as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate the Raytheon Technologies core values of Trust, Respect, Accountability, Collaboration & Innovation and work within teams around common visions and goals
- Demonstrate a winning attitude and perseverance under difficult circumstances
- Develop, communicate, and coordinate opportunity and bid team activity
- Participate in stakeholder engagement, working hand in hand with the Customer Relationship Manager.
Agile Decision Making
- Actively listen and solicit input from key internal and external stakeholders
- Determine when change is needed and commit to a course of action
- Define problems clearly using team inputs, thoughts and opinions
- Identify alternate solutions, valuing diversity of thought and opinions.
- Actively listen to Customer requirements and needs, responding appropriately with a forward leaning, problem solving, solution orientated attitude
- Communicate openly and honestly to develop trusted relationships
- Consistently deliver on promises made internally, to the Customer, and partners
- Prepare and deliver clear and concise briefings.
- Engage with Customers to understand their drivers and requirements
- Develop & maintain comprehensive understanding of Customer acquisition cycles
- Stay abreast of Customer procurement status and assess and re-plan as necessary
- Continuously undertake Customer intelligence, identifying and analysing the status of their current deliveries and future needs
- Represent the “voice” of the Customer to Raytheon Technologies and the “voice” of Raytheon Technologies to the customer.
Win Strategy Development
- Support the development/refinement of win strategy, discriminators, and counters to competitor’s discriminators
- Perform competitive assessment for bids to help develop the win strategy, discriminators, and counters to competitor strengths
- Undertake PTW activities and provide updates as needed from competitive intelligence.
- Develop plans to win new opportunities
- Proactively support or lead winning bids
- Provide accurate information to support NSC forecasting
- Advise on teaming and partnering strategies
- Identify efficiencies in bidding activities including use of lessons learned
- Build and maintain stakeholder buy-in and support.
- Articulate and analytical and poses a forward leaning attitude
- Demonstrate the capability for thought leadership to identify emerging customer requirements
- Ability to work with Engineering, Programme Management, Commercial, and Finance functions to identify and help shape innovative technical and commercial solutions
- Experience within Cyber or Software Engineering marketplace would be an advantage
- Hold current DV security clearance.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training. The Cyber, Space & Training business, consists of four mission areas: National Security Cyber; Space & Airborne; Command, Control, Computers & Intelligence (C4I); and Training. Cyber, Space & Training provides our customers unrivalled technical and training services spanning all domains across a wide range of customers.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so highlight any request to our Recruitment team
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.