Business Development Executive – Training Transformation Services
Grade: Senior Manager
Location: Home Based
Summary of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Business Development for Training Transformation Services (TTS), this high profile role will be responsible for the development and growth of the Training Business portfolio through capture and delivery of transformational training solutions predominantly within the land domain and more widely within MoD and other government agencies.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience of levels of Army collective training and be familiar with future planned changes to force structures, along with a wide network of contacts within the MoD and industry. They must also have recent experience of the UK MoD procurement process. Ideally, they would have relevant operational experience and/or capability development activities on large complex strategic programmes.
Responsible for developing and maintaining close networks with key stakeholders within customer communities and with relevant DE&S PT’s. Additionally, the candidate will need to be able to forge their own close links with internal Raytheon Technologies colleagues across the broader lines of business within the US where appropriate.
This role will require a highly motivated individual with a passion for training and success. They will be expected to develop existing opportunities including CTTP and NGTT and generate their own leads and present training capabilities / products at a senior management level within target organisations. They will need to establish relationships with UK customers and where appropriate international customers, as well as providing leadership and growth in line with company vision and values.
Strategically, the candidate will work closely with the Raytheon UK TTS Lead and the Head of Business Development and Strategy (TTS), to contribute to development of the strategy for delivering growth in the Training Area, and support the broader Raytheon UK Strategy and Business Development goals and objectives.
Day-to-day, the candidate will be responsible for developing and management of the Bookings Pipeline associated with TTS and developing a Long Range Plan (5 years) that supports year on year growth. The successful candidate will be expected to travel as required to achieve the bookings and LRP plans.
- Working with the Raytheon UK TTS Business Lead and the Head of BD and Strategy TTS), develop a Strategy for growth that supports a five year booking plan based on robust market and competitive intelligence, and aligns with the Raytheon UK Business Strategy
- Developing and execute a plan for TTS that positions the company to become the Strategic Training Partner to the Army and delivers both CTTP and an enduring FCTS.
- Developing and executing a plan for TTS that achieves / exceeds company Annual Operating Plan goals and profitability
- Interface to Army HQ, Field Army and Land Warfare Centre at Desk Officer Level and above to understand the user needs and build long term relationships to shape the future of Raytheon UK Offerings
- Interface to other Industry Primes, as required to form strategic partnerships to support the effective pursuit of new opportunities
- Interface with the wider Raytheon Technologies business to pull through capability to the UK to meet the customers future needs
- Develop strong relationships with existing customers and develop new routes-to-market
- Build, manage and qualify a new business pipeline through the company opportunity management system
- Maintain close and regular contact with all potential customers to ensure early knowledge of pending opportunities
- Responsible for specifying advertising, public relations, conferences, and exhibitions requirements, and to support other exhibitions and conferences as required
- Preparation of forecasts, departmental reports, and presentations for the TTS leadership team
- Work with bid teams to prepare proposals and quotations, including the timely follow-up with customers
- Prepare and deliver internal Gate/Governance reviews
- Contribute to and provide market intelligence to the Raytheon UK Competitive Intelligence Team
Required Skills and Experience:
- A strong training background
- In-depth knowledge of Army structure, doctrine, and collective training requirements/needs
- Demonstrable experience of senior Customer stakeholder engagement specifically within the Army and DE&S
- Experience of government and defence sales
- Ability to achieve / exceed annual goals and targets
- Expert in shaping and implementing strategies and action plans to achieved desired effect.
- Capable of managing and motivating a diverse multi-disciplined team in the delivery of innovative solutions
- Demonstrable skill of working with other companies, both large defence prime contractors and small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build strong customer rapport at all levels
- Able to work effectively as part of a team whilst encouraging and fostering teamwork, open to others ideas and input
- Must have strong people and influencing skills that can be applied at all levels both internally, and externally
- Willingness to undertake regular travel, including international where required
- SC Cleared (and eligible and prepared to undergo DV Clearance)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or business management
- International Defence/Aerospace background with understanding of customer procurement processes
- Military background
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.