Aviva is on a mission to make things simpler for our customers and people. Our ambition is to build an outstanding service that is low on customer effort and high on customer satisfaction. We are aiming to automate and digitise our processes, but improving our understanding of the data is essential to a successful transformation.
This is where the Business Domain Modelling (BDM) team comes in! Our team specialises in building business focused, system-agnostic conceptual and logical data models. We break Aviva into small, manageable areas of interest and use Agile principles to develop the models and refine them over time allowing us to focus on the most important initiatives. Through the modelling process we develop a common language that is accessible to everyone, helping to define robust requirements and build efficient solutions. We aim to gain an unprecedented level of understanding into the complicated industry we work in and assist a wide variety of people across the organisation to make our colleagues as productive as possible.
The Data Modeller role is hands-on with responsibility for defining business domains and developing data models to support them. You will work closely with a variety of business and technical teams to gain new insights into how the business operates. You will need to work autonomously within an encouraging environment supported by other data modellers and data architects.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Build data models (predominantly conceptual and logical) that accurately represent Aviva
- Elicit data requirements to support business change from a range of teams, both technical and business
- Governance and oversight of data models ensuring they conform to agreed principles and standards
- Engage with data modellers, data architects and other data professionals to continually improve the data modelling landscape
- Nurture a data culture and promote data model use
Skills & experience required:
- Knowledge of data modelling and of working with data in a complex environment, preferably with experience of developing system-agnostic conceptual and/or logical data models
- Worked in business analysis and/or requirement elicitation
- Good communication ability with all business and technology focused colleagues at any level of the organisation
- Inquisitive problem solver with a flair for lateral thinking and a passion for data
- Knowledge of Domain-Driven Design (DDD) and DAMA would be beneficial but not essential
- Understanding of data analytics, APIs, databases, and related technologies would also be a plus
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.