BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Are you passionate about working with people and cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe? Join BAE Systems as a Business Analyst.
As a Business Analyst within a Software Engineering team, you will be working with our National Security Customers to build and run systems that support their core mission capabilities.
- Identify business issues or areas for improvement, document and articulate these to stakeholders and then support the implementation of any resulting solutions.
- Understand, capture, agree, manage and facilitate sign-off of business requirements through gaining a detailed understanding of the client’s organisation and the context in which the consulting engagement has been initiated.
- Conduct process re-engineering or functional modelling to support this work.
- Analyse problems and solutions throughout the lifecycle of a project, managing the client, dealing with change and providing clarity for the technical team.Ability to lead a small team of Business Analysts (Applied Intelligence and/or client) working on a specific work area and coach others when needed
- Ability to perform stakeholder analysis, mapping influence, impact and commitment of each stakeholder
- Leads the client engagement for specific areas of work
- Take ownership of one or more areas of work including planning, identifying risks and regular reports to the project manager
- Ability to plan and facilitate effective workshops
- Applies Applied Intelligence standard approaches on client engagements with assistance / direction, and takes the lead in specific areas
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
- Effectively plan and manage the requirements process from capture through to change control
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration
- Identifies potential benefits, and available options for consideration
- Works with clients/users in defining acceptance tests
About our team
Our people are what differentiates us, they are resourceful, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with cutting edge, high quality solutions. Our breadth of work across the Public Sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise and with new clients.
You’ll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We’ll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it whether that’s virtually or in person, as conditions allow.
You will be joining our National Security business which is the largest area within our UK business. Our mission is to be the most trusted partner for our National Security clients in delivery of their core mission. At the end of 2020 we had over 700 employees working across our security and law enforcement customers. This year, we are looking to build on our success and grow even further by recruiting over 100 new members to our team.
We have a rich history of working within National Security. In fact, we have over 40 years’ experience of delivering advice and solutions to our customers in this sector, supporting them in carrying out their vital missions.
More about BAE Systems
You will work for a division of BAE Systems who helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We’re a consultancy and products business and employ smart, motivated individuals who work together across a range of projects and products. You’ll get to work on a variety of different systems for different customers throughout your career with us. We’re passionate about Diversity and Inclusion in our workforce and the people you’ll work with will reflect this. We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
Applicants to this role must be amenable to obtain UK Government security clearance
For more information please visit our website: https://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/national-security
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.