BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
You will aid the wider business in the effective and profitable delivery of customer projects by providing finance support through all aspects of the project life cycle, from initial set up through to reporting, performance analysis and working capital management. You will ensure that the financial performance of projects is reported accurately and on time so that stakeholders have the information required for effective decision-making.
This role may be based out of the Guildford or Leeds offices. The role involves hybrid working with the expectation that you may be asked to work from the office for up to two days per week.
What you’ll be doing
- Project accounting: Ensure that the P&L and balance sheet position of projects is accurately captured at period close.
- Reporting: Deliver management reports in a timely and accurate manner, including P&L and balance sheet reviews.
- Insight and analysis: Provide insight as to the performance of the business by delivering analysis of projects performance.
- Financial control: Deliver effective financial controls processes e.g. balance sheet and order book reconciliations.
- Budgeting/forecasting: Provide support on the quarterly forecasting/budgeting cycle.
- Process improvement: Take an active role in identifying and delivering improvements to processes within the Business Accounting & Controlling team.
- Other: Support on the projects set up and close processes. Support delivery teams on ad hoc queries.
What we’re looking for
- Qualified member professional accounting body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or actively studying towards their qualification.
- Knowledge of IFRS15 revenue recognition criteria.
- Competent using Microsoft Office packages, including Excel.
- Recognises best practice in establishing and applying financial controls.
- Previous experience of project accounting would be beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience of using SAP and Cognos reporting packages would be beneficial but not essential.
- Some knowledge of the Applied Intelligence and wider BAE Systems mission.
- Some knowledge of the business structure, geographies, customers, products.
- Shares knowledge that is relevant to the role and of benefit to the wider finance team.
- Takes ownership of deliverables to ensure they are completed on time, in full – collaborating with others where necessary.
- Proactively identifies and pursures opportunities for process improvement. Taking the lead on these and collaborating with others.
- Recognises best-in-class finance practices and strives to deliver these.
- Applies creativity and innovation to problem solving.
- Self-starter – takes ownership of deliverables from start to finish.
- Builds strong working relationships with stakeholders in Finance and the wider business. Effective in communicating with non-finance stakeholders.
- Responds to change with positive action.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.