The PwC purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems – something which informs the work we do and the clients we work with.
Our culture is one where we all feel empowered to be the best we can be, embracing change and opportunities in a technology driven world. This is underpinned by a strong partnership ethos creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued, and they bring their whole self to work. Together, we demonstrate the behaviours that ensure high quality is at the heart of everything we do for the benefit of our people, clients, and community.
In the short term, this means taking learnings from COVID-19 and continuing to work together to adapt and lead in a blended working environment. Longer term, this means reinforcing our position as a trusted employer through promoting everyday inclusion, care and wellbeing, focusing on encouraging the behaviours that will maintain and improve the high quality standards that underpin our brand and developing a growth mindset that supports us all to embrace change and learning, enabling our firm to be flexible and stay relevant to our clients.
There is more to PwC than meets the eye. While the firm is famous for accountancy, we have long established expertise in many areas of business including business recovery, cyber security, economics and policy, private business, sustainability and climate change, actuarial, consulting, forensic services, legal, tax, deals, people and organisation and assurance.
Marketing & Media Assurance sits within Risk Assurance- one of one of the five lines of service within PwC. The experience, expertise and insight we provide our clients with is an invaluable safeguard in today’s complex operating environment. We work with advertisers to deliver business control to help them protect and strengthen every aspect of their marketing and media performance.
About Marketing and Media Assurance
Based in Embankment Place in London, our Marketing & Media Assurance team has ~50 people in London and 500+ experienced marketing and media personnel worldwide.
Our team includes senior ex-marketers, ex-agency leaders, ex-programmatic traders, retail / customer data scientists, marketing econometricians, and privacy lawyers who have worked in publishing and advertising, all combined with the core skills for which PwC is renowned; process / controls / assurance / data / technology.
It is this blend of capability and skills which we believe makes our proposition unique and compelling. We are a neutral, truly independent party committed to delivering trust and transparency across the marketing ecosystem. Our services cover customer data analytics, marketing effectiveness, media assurance auditing, media advisory, audience reporting, campaign delivery, data privacy, and audits of media supply chains.
About the role
We work with advertisers to help manage their media investments and their agency relationships, by aligning interests of all parties, and then by providing assurance over the agency deliverable by applying specialist audit and advisory skills.
We are unique in the market in that our business is built from a basis of professional standard audit skills that any client would expect from PwC – characterised by the relentless pursuit of completeness, accuracy, and first hand verification of all information and data – allied to specialist media skills across all channels.
Our rapidly growing client base comprises advertisers, media owners, ad-tech providers, agencies and industry bodies in the UK, and across 10 centre’s of excellence globally and 150+ PwC offices worldwide.
We work with the world’s largest advertisers on a global, regional and local market basis, providing services across all communication channels from traditional / linear to digital / programmatic / Social / Search, advisory around advertising and marketing technologies, data privacy and increasingly into new areas such as influencers.
We are looking to expand our team with a series of new hires, including a Senior Associate with circa 5 years of experience who is able to demonstrate specialist, in-depth experience across digital media and adtech, in at least two of the following industry sectors: adtech, advertiser and agency.
This person will play a key role in:
- Delivering advertiser projects in digital and biddable media to new and existing clients
- Consulting clients on their best advertising and marketing tech strategy, and provide implementation guidance
- Supporting the wider assurance team with their digital engagements
- Upskilling our teams in both the concepts and practicalities of using and advising on adtech tools and media buying techniques
- Building and maintaining a strong network both internally within PwC and externally with clients
- Support in developing new solutions for us to take to clients across digital advertising products and technologies
- Helping identify the skill gaps in our team with a view to developing new skills and /or recruiting new talent
Who we are looking for
One of our stated goals is to help the advertising and media industry rebuild trust and establish a future which is open, fair and transparent for all parties, with a particular emphasis on the digital advertising and adtech ecosystem. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by helping clients better understand and navigate the inherent challenges of digital media, more specifically:
- advising on best advertising and marketing tech strategy
- auditing and advising over digital strategy, set up, optimisation, delivery and third party tools
- suppy path optimisation documentation and advice
- verification tools and best practices when it comes to ad fraud, viewability and brand safety
- support on preparation for the post-cookie ecosystem
- independent assurance and advisory over third party technologies and systems
- In AdTech
- structuring internal processes and controls to reassure business partners that platforms are open/fair/transparent, data is secure etc.
- verify validity of technologies and products as they go to market
- For Media Owners
- providing assurance over their long term digital strategy, data monetisation, tech integrations
- support on preparation for the post-cookie ecosystem
- In Martech
- support in helping perform assessments into marketing technology application, journey support, activation strategies
- driving PwC’s market understanding e.g. of partner technologies, market trends and costs
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability and eagerness to deal with complex issues
- Strong project management skills
- Very good understanding of digital advertising, biddable/ programmatic trading and ad ops
- Self-starter and problem-solver
- Experience in assessing, evaluating and implementing advertising technologies for brands, agencies or publishers
- Experience in adtech or martech consultancy and sales/pre-sales
- Experience working with: Demand-side Platforms
e.g. Google DV360, The Trade Desk, MediaMath, Amobee, Xandr, Amazon Ads Manager, Adform
- Data Management Platforms / Customer Data Platforms
e.g. Adobe, Oracle, Adform
Desirable skills – holistic understanding and experience using a suite of digital tools for example, but not limited to:
- Supply-side Platforms / Mediated Partners –
e.g Google, Rubicon, AppNexus, OpenX, Pubmatic, Index, Adform
- Social Platforms
e.g. Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest
e.g. Google Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Flashtalking
- Reporting Tools
e.g. Tableau, Metamarkets, Power BI, Datorama
- Experience working with Verification tools
e.g. MOAT, Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify
- Other tools
e.g. Adobe Suite, Google Tag Manager, Oracle (Bluekai), Salesforce
The broader skills we look for in future employees
Specialist skills aside, all our people also need to demonstrate the behaviours and attitude to help us deliver our business goals – something we call the ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical and digital, business acumen, global and inclusive, and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.