BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
As the market-leading provider of innovative financial crime and compliance solutions, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps global financial institutions to take intelligent action, control defences and evolve strategies against fraud, money laundering and other types of financial crime. With clients in over 100 countries, spanning four continents, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence counts seven of the world’s top ten banks among its growing family of clients.
Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging… every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference…
About The Team
The successful candidate will be part of the Financial Services Product Engineering group, which builds products and solutions enabling Financial Institutions to detect and respond to Financial Crime activity found in their data in a scalable and comprehensive way.
A vacancy exists on the Scenario Manager team in FS Engineering. Scenario Manager is a batch, near real-time and real-time detection engine designed to quickly and easily apply predefined scenarios or Machine Learning algorithms on top of the profiles and transaction data.
Purpose of Role
Extend and support Scenario Manager solution and grow data science and software development skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Learn the Financial Services Fraud and Compliance domains and gain a deep understanding of the problems that Financial Institutions need solving
- Design and implement features in BAE’s Scenario Manager to our high quality standards
- Actively participate in technical design workshops and produce technical specification documents as requested
- Assume development responsibility for developing, debugging and unit testing of product features in accordance with internal procedures and standards
- Diagnose and solve functional and performance/scalability issues
- Develop functionality that meets the teams DoD or/and collaborate with the team to resolve open product issues
- Support internal BAE Systems teams in using Scenario Manager to deliver benefits to clients
- Join and contribute to our professional communities
- Grow understanding of data science and its application to solving real world problems
What opportunities the Role offers
- Supportive colleagues who will provide one-on-one mentoring to help you apply your talents to real world development challenges
- To grow professionally within the organisation as your career moves along a development path to promotion and the achievement of your professional goals
- The support of the company to study and gain certification with globally recognised technical and business skillsets
- Experience with Industry wide system development methodologies and processes, such as Agile and AWS
- Flexible working hours and opportunities to work remotely
- Work in international environment on the solutions delivered worldwide
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
2 – 5 years commercial experience in a large-scale enterprise solutions
Proven track record of technical design and development as part of a team
- Programming Languages – Java or Scala
- Technologies – Apache Spark, Apache Kafka or other data driven technologies
- Proven track record of technical design and development as part of a team
- Working experience with Big Data platforms: Apache, Cloudera, Hortonworks
- Database and SQL development experience.
- Databases – Oracle, SQL, Postgres, HBase
- Tools – Gradle, Jenkins
- AWS and data processing in cloud
- Testing frameworks – JUnit, ScalaTest
- Agile development methodologies
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.