We are currently seeking a BI and Analytics Platform Lead, you will be joining our data platforms and services, which form a core pillar of the organisational strategy. The team is predominantly based in Norwich – we are flexible with location and the role can be based at one of our offices convenient to your location, but you must be able to be on-site in Norwich for at least part of the week
Working within the IT Data & Analytics Platform, you will lead the team responsible for the strategy, implementation and support of Aviva’s Business Intelligence and Analytics capability. The toolset includes Qlik, Business Objects and TM1, and your role will drive adoption of this tooling across key markets, continually looking to grow our BI capability whilst optimising the core service for our business users. You will lead a technical team that includes BI consultants and developers, and infrastructure designers and engineers, to deliver the required outcomes for Aviva BI and Analytics.
- Lead the engagement and communication with key stakeholders across the business, supporting their BI and Analytics needs, and developing and growing the self-service BI capability within Aviva
- Work with data and platform architects to define the strategic roadmap for BI and Analytics tooling, owning implementation of that roadmap
- Support change delivery onto the BI and Analytics Platform, providing consultancy and delivery resources as necessary to implement projects and business initiatives
- Ensure high availability of the BI and Analytics toolset, driven through effective architectural design, monitoring & alerting, & delivery of service improvements
- Own implementation, maintenance, and support of the BI infrastructure (predominantly cloud-based), including AMI refreshes, upgrades and patching, and performance optimisation, whilst ensuring adherence to required standards, procedures, and controls (e.g., security and vulnerability management)
- Working with the BI Run Manager, ensure support arrangements such as incident management, access requests and deployments are in line with business need, monitoring and refining these to drive out a high-quality service for our business customers
- Manage Platform engagement with tooling vendors to ensure products are implemented and utilised effectively, users have the training and support needed, and tooling issues and constraints are addressed proactively
- Lead the IT BI and Analytics Platform Team, a mix of permanent and GSP on-shore and off-shore resources, providing strategic leadership & guidance, embedding best practices, performance managing, developing, and growing the team
- Own the work, resource, and cost management within the team
- Manage the license position for BI & Analytics tooling, working with the business to understand requirements, and with procurement for license purchases and renewals
- Collaborate with other teams within the Data and Analytics Platform to leverage the platform, and to grow and develop the data proposition
Skills & experience required:
- Solid and demonstrable experience of the Business Intelligence domain, both in technical application and in strategic development
- Expertise in reporting tools such as Qlik, Business Objects, Tableau, Power BI etc, from both an infrastructure and development perspective
- Experience of managing data and/or BI and Analytics Teams, or ready to step into a leadership role having worked in this area
- Strong track record of delivering strategic and business driven change
- Experience of supporting and maintaining applications and their use with business teams and end users
- Experience with BI solutions using cloud technologies – hosted via IaaS and Paas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent stakeholder and relationship management. Ability to translate complex business needs into technical solutions, taking customers on the delivery journey
- Lead, motivate and develop technical resources, delivering successful team outcomes through collaboration and innovative thinking
- Manage and prioritise multiple requests in a fast and pressurised environment and strive to balance long-term direction and necessary short-term goals
- Open and agile mindset, working collaboratively across teams, and continuously striving for excellence
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience with TM1
- Experience of working with vendors
- Experience of working within an Agile methodology
What will you get for this role?
- Salary £48,000 – £55,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Manisha Dinesh a call on 07393 803498 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.