BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are recruiting for additional Platform Engineers to join our development teams working for a Central Government client on a high profile project in the Health sector. To help deliver this challenging programme, we are looking to hire additional skilled Platform Engineers to implement DevOps principles, and to provide technical guidance both across the project, and to external suppliers.
The programme requires that all Engineers be cleared to Security Check (SC) level.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Contribute to refinement of functional and non-functional requirements
• Implement security best-practices and recommendations; often through the means of developed services and automation
• Facilitate an effective relationship between third party suppliers and client platform teams
• Take escalation responsibility for applications and infrastructure deployed into a production environment
• Participate in workstream and project delivery ceremonies including planning and prioritisation
• Advise on delivery dependencies between third party suppliers and the client
• Raise issues and risks appropriately to Delivery Manager
• Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
• Experience of deploying Azure resources using ARM
• Experience of Azure DevOps YAML
• Experience of Azure Data Factory automation and pipeline authoring
• Experience of Azure Data Bricks
• Experience of Azure Log Analytics
• Strong PowerShell skills
• Strong version control skills with git
• Strong TSQL skills
• Solid understanding of Azure
• Solid understanding of CI and build engineering
Exposure to the following techniques, tools and platforms are desirable:
• Azure Function Apps
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.