Azure Administrator – Remote
Your new company
A key government organisation with a strong vision for a better and safer environment for us all. You’ll be part of a team that brings together some of the most brilliant minds from around the UK, working across many specialisms – scientific, engineering, safety, operations, commercial, community engagement, and regulatory – to name a few. “We recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We’re committed to providing an environment where you will feel valued and respected”. Following a recent acquisition, two brand new opportunities have arisen for Azure Administrators.
Your new role
The Information & Technology (IT) Azure Administrator as part of the service operations team will deliver the IT strategy and deliver an enterprise level service to support the user base around the Azure cloud Infrastructure platform and Azure administration to deliver an excellent user experience, by efficiently managing the incident management, resolution management, and supplier management, to meet current and future business requirements.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Responsible for the Azure foundation platform operational support including system administration/infrastructure support & application platform support.
- Azure implementation to support our application, data, reporting and automation strategy.
- Configuration and management of Azure monitoring and reporting, with keen attention and response to the service management aspects using the Azure Operations Management tool.
- DevOps fundamentals to drive automation and self-service outcomes.
- Work with Cyber Security and M365 services providing continuous feedback on improvements.
- Develop & maintain support and operational documentation.
- Security Incident Management in conjunction with our Global Security Operating Centre.
- Liaison with the Microsoft Support teams and other external support teams, when appropriate.
- Fully exploit the Azure Platform to explore all opportunities it can bring to increase business value.
- Close liaison and interaction with all internal departments, up to Executive and Functional Leads.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft certifications or equivalent
- Extensive understanding of Azure operational management, support, implementation, and active security.
- Knowledge of Azure DR, backup, and storage
- Knowledge of Azure Operations Management (OMS)
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- Pipelines and supporting agile ways of working Azure Resource Manager templates for Infrastructure as Code patterns
- Experienced in MS SQL, MySQL and Postgres and access management Experienced in configuring data pipelines, data catalogue and data factory
- Knowledge of PowerShell Logging, alert management and reporting using Azure Monitor
- Exceptional Business Stakeholder Management at all levels of the organisation, with effective communication (both verbal and written), and the ability to articulate and simplify
- Service principles for Business consumption. T
- he ideal candidate will be a passionate self-starter with a strong understanding of Microsoft Delivery and processes.
- High level of energy and drive for results – able to prioritise and work with rigour to a high quality.
- Ability to hold a UK SC Clearance.
What you’ll get in return
Working for a renowned stable business driving growth and change.
Flexible working options available. Hybrid working. Remote option available during the working week.
Working hours 9-5
Very competitive benefits.
You’ll also enjoy all the benefits offered by both companies (a benefit from the merger) like training and development opportunities, competitive salary, generous bonus scheme, and an attractive pension scheme. We are committed to promoting a positive and supportive environment for our entire workforce.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.