Winnersh, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated cloud software engineer to support an AWS transformation effort across a number of commercial aerospace solutions. These include but not limited to our Hermes™ messaging software, Flight Data Display™ flight tracking, Flight Profile Optimisation and Weather Aggregation via AWS. This role would sit within an experienced software team all keen to learn and develop more within cloud environments as all solutions move towards AWS. The successful candidate will be working on software solutions already hosted within AWS but undergoing considerable growth within the connected aerospace marketplace and as such the role has huge growth opportunities.
Collins Hermes™ messaging software and Flight Data Display™ flight tracking solution are undergoing significant growth through adoption of the AWS™ cloud as well as Dockerized containers. Collins is looking for candidates to join the software engineering team to help realise the vision of capturing the connected airspace marketplace through use of these technologies.
This new team member will work closely alongside software engineers, testers and implementation engineers to develop software within an agile scrum environment predominantly using AWS services, CloudFormation, bash scripting and C# within a .NET Core framework.
The team are looking for a confident, proactive and motivated individual who is used to working within an agile development lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop cloud commercial aerospace solutions utilising the full breadth of AWS services alongside Bash scripting using CloudFormation templates within .NET Core framework.
- Design, code, test and document software changes within an agile team
- Contribute to overall system integration and architecture to ensure software changes align with overall development strategy
- Estimate track and report development progress within an agile development lifecycle
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with AWS Services e.g. ECS, EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch, DynamoDb,
- Experience with utilising CloudFormation templates
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Test driven development software engineering focus
- C# development experience within Microsoft .NET Core framework
- Experience within VPC networking (Virtual Private Cloud)
- Experience with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Experience of developing solutions for deployment with Docker
- Has enjoyed working in an Agile Scrum development lifecycle
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• International team working with people from many different countries
• Flexible working times, opportunity to work from home, 25 days of vacation
• Competitive pay package
• Company pension plan
• Corporate health insurance
• Internal and external training opportunities to promote continuous learning and development
• Global career opportunities at over 300 sites worldwide
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities. Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace,in accordance with our ‘Baseline Security’ requirements,will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.