BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence: As the market-leading provider of innovative financial crime prevention and compliance solutions, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps global financial institutions to take intelligent action, control defences and evolve strategies against fraud, money laundering and other types of financial crime. With clients in over 100 countries, spanning four continents, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence counts seven of the world’s top ten banks among its growing family of clients. Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals. New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging… every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference… About The Team Our Engineering teams build the technologies and business-focused products that solve our clients’ business problems in a scalable and comprehensive way. We are looking for an automation engineer with strong test automation experience who can use the latest technologies to build the next generation of our detection engines for financial crime prevention and compliance solutions. What You Will Be Doing
- Work as part of an agile development team in our product engineering group
- Create manual and automated tests and understand impact of code changes
- Improve internal test automation framework for Big Data solutions
- Take responsibility for test automation and work effectively within the team
- Prepare testing environments
- Support application and client delivery teams
- Build expertise in the Financial Crime detection domain and learn how our products and solutions are used to solve complex real world problems
Skills and Experience Must have:
- 2+ years of commercial experience in a large-scale software engineering environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record of automation test design or development as part of a team
- Experience of building automation, monitoring and alerting pipelines
Nice to have:
- Big Data Technologies – Spark, Kafka
- Unit testing, Integration testing, Test Driven Development
- OS – Linux, Windows
- Database and SQL development experience.
- Databases – Oracle, Postgres, HBase
- Tools – Gradle, Jenkins, Docker
- Awareness of the AWS solutions
- Exposure to cluster / multi node environments
- Programming Languages – Java or Scala
- Agile development methodologies
What we offer
- Possibility to work in international teams on products delivered worldwide
- Various development paths within the company
- Training and development opportunities (internal and external catalogue)
- Competitive benefits package including private medical care, sport card, lunch card and life insurance, pension funds
- Flexible, hybrid working options
- Integration events during the year
- Free car parking spaces next to the office
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.