We’ve started the search for an Automation professional to join our Global Platforms team to lead our Automation CoE. This role is covered by our smart working policy which means a combination of working from home and travel to your nearest Aviva office.
As the ‘Automation CoE Lead’ you will lead a team of platform engineers and specialists to provide technical direction, governance, project support and strategic advice on our Automation platforms. As the leader in the Automation CoE, you will lead the Automation roadmap as well as help shape emerging technologies in Automation and AI.
We would love you to be part of our Platform Automation team that is focused on identifying processes to automate and going about the job of designing and developing automations using our strategic toolset. The Automation team is part of the Global Platform team that provide IT maintenance, support, and software delivery mechanisms to ensure the Aviva business has reliable and trusted services and can move forward in its digital aspirations. The Platforms area manages the controlled, reliable and predictable delivery of change within the complex and shifting environment across multiple platforms and teams.
What will the role involve?
- Lead and drive overall success of the Automation CoE within Aviva.
- Operationally manage periodic project and governance activities to ensure Automations are delivered in an agile and quality driven way.
- Own the definition of a future Automation roadmap that is technically innovative, fit for purpose and provides value to the business.
- Ensure the Automation technical strategy and direction is understood within the teams and key stakeholders.
- Provide technical and management leadership within the CoE team.
- Work closely with Automation vendors to understand future plans and evaluating the Automation landscape to understand how Aviva could benefit.
- Support the Customer and Engagement teams in helping educate users on Automation and identifying uses cases for Automation across the organisation.
- Supporting/leading process improvement and transformation initiatives
- Liaising and collaborating with other matrix teams such as Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, Run Teams and Platform managers as necessary.
- Mentoring team members, helping and guiding their progression
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Has demonstrated strong leadership and team management capabilities
- Strong knowledge of automation platforms/tools (e.g. RPA, BPA, OCR, Process/ Task Discovery, main Cloud vendor capabilities). Experience with Blue Prism and Appian advantageous
- Adaptable and highly self-motivated in further understanding of Intelligent Automation and emerging technologies
- Excellent communicator and experience of building positive relationships with a range of stakeholders and working across multiple teams
- Experience in deploying digital and automation technologies using agile practices
- Experience working in a multi-discipline, matrix structure team fostering collaboration and teamwork
- Insurance domain expertise advantageous
What will you get for this role?
- A market driven salary depending on location, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.