We’ve started the search for an Automation professional to join our Global Platforms team to help with Automation engagement and discovery. This role is covered by our smart working policy which means a combination of working from home and travel to your nearest Aviva office.
As the ‘Automation Customer and Engagement Lead’ you will lead a team to engage with each of our business units to identify areas for automation and nurture these through ideation to be ready for our delivery engine to pick up to implement. Areas for Automation can focus on staples such as RPA or low code BPA solutions or more complex areas such as ML or AI – we are looking to deliver real innovation and value to the business.
We would love you to be part of our Platform Automation team that is focused on identifying processes to automate and going about the job of designing and developing automations using our strategic toolset. The Automation team is part of the Global Platform team that provide IT maintenance, support, and software delivery mechanisms to ensure the Aviva business has reliable and trusted services and can move forward in its digital aspirations. The Platforms area manages the controlled, reliable and predictable delivery of change within the complex and shifting environment across multiple platforms and teams.
What will the role involve?
- Working with each of our Business Line to identify and nurture use cases for Automation across the organisation
- Articulating a vision for Automation discovery and how to execute on this
- Pulling together a matrix team to support the vision and discovery of opportunity
- Creating a pipeline of automation demand that is maintained through the lifecycle of opportunity identification, assessment and execution
- Supporting operational and strategic reporting on automation progress
- Liaising closely with other matrix teams which include our Technical CoE, Change and Run teams
- Engaging key stakeholders to actively support automation queries and plans
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Excellent communicator and someone who is used to evaluating the business processes from an automation perspective
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically and influence senior stakeholder towards transformational automation ideas.
- Experience of building positive relationships with a range of stakeholders and working across multiple teams
- Experience in automation opportunity analysis and assessment techniques
- Experience in deploying digital and automation technologies using agile practices.
- Experience working in a multi-discipline, matrix structure team fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Knowledge of automation platforms/tools (e.g. RPA, BPA, OCR, Process/ Task Discovery, main Cloud vendor capabilities) would be advantageous
- A consultancy background would also be a plus
- Insurance domain expertise in business process advantageous
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.