Associate Partner, M&A Technology
The Technology in M&A team at KPMG is one of the fastest growing and most profitable within Deal Advisory and across the firm. We deal with all aspects of technology, from strategy, digital, apps, infrastructure, cloud, operating models, data, cyber, RPA and post deal implementation to reviewing technology spend.
We work with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal technology issues, our propositions include: Buy side diligence, sell side diligence, separations, integrations, IPOs, synergy, JVs and standing up businesses. We support our clients across the deal lifecycle.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
– Helping to lead the team including delivering the vision and strategy
– Ensuring the strong culture permeates through throughout the team and is clearly visible by our clients and stakeholders
– Identifying opportunities and converting these into sales as well as leading client engagements
– Innovating our products and services
– Coaching and practice development for the Technology in M&A team.
– Operate as a sales and delivery associate partner for M&A technology engagements providing support to our clients.
– Lead the delivery of major engagements on a day to day basis, providing hands on management to the engagement team.
– Lead the preparation, planning and delivery of M&A technology programmes and technology due diligence.
– Delivering and/or reviewing high quality client outputs.
– Drawing on knowledge and experience to provide high quality and deep insights and recommendations to our clients.
– Managing relationships with key C level executives at clients and deal execs with private equity. Interfacing with senior internal and external stakeholders both at clients and within KPMG.
– Co-ordination of work with wider KPMG teams (both nationally and internationally) to ensure the best solution is developed for the client irrespective of geography or sector.
– Maintain responsibility for risk management, quality and profitability on engagements and liaise with the client lead and KPMG partners.
– Take a lead role with client interactions and lead preparation, development and delivery of proposals.
– Lead other business development activities by leveraging new and existing relationships with deal makers across Corporate and Private Equity clients.
– Understand wider Deal Advisory and KPMG service capabilities and offerings to co-ordinate these to ensure our clients get the best level of advice and support.
– Supporting and contributing to the growth plans of our Technology in M&A business.
– Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
– Identifying and driving opportunities for wider KPMG as a result of work in transactions.
– Helping to grow and protect our brand.
– Sustaining a reputation for delivery excellence in the marketplace.
Qualifications & Skills
– Ability to communicate effectively and with gravitas with senior stakeholders both internal and external
– Significant and recent experience in a consulting firm or industry of preparing and delivering technology programmes in an M&A environment.
– Comfortable with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment.
– Professional presentation skills with impact, competent in presenting ideas clearly, convincingly to influence senior stakeholders and possessing personal presence, with the ability to earn trust and respect.
Ideal technical expertise includes:
– Infrastructure, including networks and data centres
– Cyber security
– Technology/IT operating models, including organisation and supplier strategy
– Technology/IT costs and savings identification
Experience & Background
– Understanding of the deal lifecycle and the role of IT within it – starting from due diligence through to concluding transitional service agreements, execution of the integration or separation. Including:
– Due diligence (buy side and sell side)
– Vendor Assist
– Planning and execution of technology integrations and separations across the technology stack and organisation.
– Development of technology organisation design including people, process, governance, service management, technology and contracts.
– Design, negotiation and operation of technology related transitional services.
– Proven excellence in transaction execution.
– Proven ability to manage a team of M&A practitioners that are able to successfully source, manage and complete multiple projects at once.
– Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of projects.
– Possessing deep knowledge & awareness of current market trends and activities, both from a technology and deal perspective.
– Ability & willingness to travel when necessary.
– Experience of developing client propositions, delivering of training and development for team members.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.