Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
JOB TITLE : Associate Director, Quality DEPARTMENT: Quality RESPONSIBLE TO: Seating Business Unit Quality Director. Matrixed locally to GM of Operations
Position Description and Purpose:
Leads the day-to-day performance and strategic direction of a Collins Aerospace production facility’s Quality department, ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and objectives, whilst adhering to regulatory compliance and achieving 100% customer satisfaction. Position will manage a staff of 60 – 100 personnel in a collaborative environment to ensure all quality standards are in effect and a high degree of process discipline is sustained. This leader will be instrumental in identifying and managing risk in product development utilizing the core elements of APQP. And of critical importance, oversee the development of proactive quality initiatives and strategies that drive continual improvement, customer confidence, and employee development, moral and engagement. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a Quality Management System (QMS) of an aircraft seating production facility. The QMS extends across Supply Chain and Procurement, Receiving Inspection, and Inventory Control. Material Review Board and noncompliant part administration, production assembly lines, in-process and final inspections, customer acceptance (Airbus, Boeing, Airlines), final conformity actions/documentation and packaging.
- Directs development and implementation of processes, standards, and utilization of tools and methods to ensure continual improvement and effectiveness of existing quality processes and sustainment of quality performance improvements. Leads initiatives that reinvents and scales the QMS as production volume, product complexity, manufacturing processes/technology and customer requirements evolve
- Work with the site leadership to ensure the maintenance EASA Pt 21 Sub part G and AS 9100 quality approvals
- Management of audit programs inclusive of internal, corporate and AS9100 certification body audits
- Own the site’s Corrective Action Board (CAB) activity which oversees relentless root cause, containment and correction actions in response to QMS escapes.
- Conducts formal reports outs on KPI performance, CAB activities, and general QMS activities in support of monthly corporate level reviews and cross functional management reviews as dictated by site GM and AS9100.
- Work with Supply Chain function to evolve quality standards for suppliers and optimized methods to ensure compliance to design and quality requirements across a range of commodities (e.g., electrical, composites, machined parts)
- Institutionalize APQP methods in collaboration with engineering that on a continual basis improves design for manufacturing and assembly reducing errors and defects in supply chain and final assembly
- Create a work environment that is diverse and inclusive with focus on personnel development and engagement across all disciplines of the enterprise
- Ensure that the training plans across the business are current and effective
Scope of the Role:
- Position reports to the Director of Seating Quality (based in Winston Salem, North Carolina, US) with local, day-to-day accountability to the Kilkeel General Manager.
- The scope covers the Kilkeel operation with growth potential within the portfolio as appropriate
Essential Qualification and Experience
- 4-year college degree in a related discipline.
- Knowledge of CAA and FAA standards, approvals and procedures including certification, material requirements and engineering standards
- Expert knowledge of the AS/EN 9100 standard. Working knowledge of AS9145
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in Quality Management or comparable role
- Willing to travel. 20%
Closing date for online CV submission is Sunday 16th January 2022.
**(Please note Workday will be on blackout from 23rd December – 4th January. Applicants will not have access to apply during this period)**
To be considered for this role all candidates must submit a CV by clicking
Apply. Your CV should clearly outline how you meet the criteria as listed above in the job description. This information will be used for shortlisting purposes. Failure to submit a CV and/or provide sufficient detail in your CV regarding the criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.