BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Application Support Engineer
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to provide 3rd line support and enhancements to a longstanding critical law enforcement system. You will be working as part of a team on site in London, with remote working and flexible hours available.
Technical Skills – as a third line support engineer you will need to be:
- Proficient in VB.NET and C#
- Proficient in relational database management, particularly Oracle SQL
- Proficient in Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle 12C database administration is preferable
- Able to examine and understand legacy codebase
Role Requirements – as a third line support engineer you will be expected to:
- Carry our root cause analysis into complex problems and deliver a workaround or code fix in line with service SLA’s
- Deliver application and database changes when required on the back of a problem or client change request.
- Engage with stakeholder second line technical teams across the Law Enforcement community
- Engage with the client technical lead as required to present complex problems and options for resolution
- Deliver a weekly extract of the support backlog and monthly service report to the stakeholder community and customer
- Work unsupervised within a small team, whilst maintaining focus on quality and continual service improvement
- Conduct stakeholder site visits as required to roll out service updates, or carry out problem investigation and health checks
- Join the service Out of Hours rota when established in role
How we will support you:
- Coaching and supportive environment
- Opportunities to lead teams for those who want to, but it’s not mandatory. If you are happy with your headphones on and head down that’s fine too – we do like team players though
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get up to 30 days holiday a year via our flexible benefits package
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career. You’ll have a career manager and get involved with innovation days, so you can develop your career aspirations
- You’ll be part of a bonus scheme
- Private medical and dental insurance for when you need it
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing
Applicants must be able to obtain UK Government Security Clearance for this role.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.