Application Security Engineer – Finance
Your new company
Our client is a company founded by a small group of traders and technologists in a tiny New York office. Today, they have nearly 2,000 employees across 5 global offices. They trade a broad range of asset classes on more than 200 venues in 45 countries. They innovate in tech, from functional programming to programmable hardware, and while their proprietary trading business thrives, they put their expertise and experience to work for their clients.
Your new role
- They are looking to add a full-time, passionate Cybersecurity Engineer to their London office to help protect their company’s people, data, and infrastructure from the wilds of the internet.
- Their Cybersecurity Engineers work on firm-wide defences, provide expertise and advice to other groups, lead employee cybersecurity awareness efforts, and handle some of the event analysis and incident response responsibilities of the firm.
- They are looking for people who have a strong technical foundation, who are not afraid to build something themselves, who bring good taste to solving security problems, and who can reason about and effectively explain the ‘why’ behind security practices.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Tapped into cybersecurity developments: You follow cybersecurity news, but can tell the difference between the latest cool hack by security researchers and what actually matters in your day-to-day.
- Strong scripting or programming, and surrounding practices: You have interest and ability to automate in a real programming language, ability and desire to manage your code and configs in version control, and knowledge of your editor (they don’t care which editor, though).
- Measured response: Not everyone should be locking their entire lives down in the name of security. You can discuss trade-offs when it comes to cybersecurity, think about context, and understand what threat modelling is.
- Understand and practice good personal cybersecurity hygiene, and can talk to others about it: For example, you know what a password manager is, and either use one or have something which you can reasonably argue is better, and can walk someone through the trade-offs you’ve made (Seriously, they’ll ask you about this sort of thing during the interview process).
- A positive and collaborative attitude: You understand that a key component of cybersecurity is bringing others along with you on the journey.
What you’ll get in return
- This role will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge and grow your career in a flat-hierarchy, collaborative and humble working environment.
- Our client offers a great mix between high expectations, collaboration, attractive salaries, and work-life balance.
- Their office is very comfortable with a gym and a canteen.
- The company has an incredible retention rate!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.