About the role
We are seeking a consultant with ALM experience to join our UK Actuarial Services practice. Candidates may have gained this experience either through an actuarial qualification or through the CFA. Our ALM team work across a number of different propositions with a high number of the largest insurance companies and banks. By bringing together capital markets, hedging and actuarial experience, we are able to offer a differentiated perspective on balance sheet management and risk-based capital optimisation. Our aim is to continue to offer a full suite of services from strategic advice, assurance, modelling and execution support.
On a day-to-day basis, you willÂ work onÂ and deliver a wide range of concurrent asset, Insurance, actuarial and multidisciplinary assignments, interacting with clients often as the main point of day-to-day contact on assignments. Our team is involved in a wide range of insurance projects and we would expect you to gain a broad range of experience bringing together prior asset and insurance knowledge. Many projects give you the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams or with people from our network firms overseas.
Our Actuarial Services ALM team is growing fast and with our continued success in delivering high quality and differentiated support to our clients, we expect this to continue. As such, we expect you to take an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the ALM team and its position in the wider Actuarial Services practice. This could include being involved in the development of one of our core product areas such as risk and capital or developing and presenting training programs for graduates and staff.
Whilst the roles are based in our main London offices where our teams are well established, there is the opportunity to work with clients across the whole of the UK as well as in Europe and internationally.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in asset related areas such as equities, derivatives, portfolio construction, strategi asset allocation, etc.
- ExperienceÂ in the asset management, Insurance or ALM teams within an asset manager, a life insurance, a rating agency or an investment bank
- Have an understanding of risk management, including rating methodologies, in an insurance company, a bank or a rating agency.
- Have a good working knowledge of financial modelling, different asset classes, risk modelling,Â derivatives, ALM techniques, software including Bloomberg, Thompson Reuters etc.
- Actuarial qualification or CFA strongly desirable;
- Have strong oral, listening and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate that you stay abreast of industry developments and are able to implement these on projects
- Have demonstrated an aptitude to develop good client/internal client handling skills, including relationship-building skills that lead to increased consulting opportunities.
- The ability to deliver to budget and within timescales is an important skill.
- Be flexible and have the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Have strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills, most likely with at least one specialist area of experience.
- Be commercial, with the ability and experience of working within a broader environment, and with vision as to developments at our clients and opportunities for consulting business.
- Be strongly committed to both personal and corporate success.
- Be self-motivated, in particular taking responsibility for personal development in technical and broader consulting skills
Who weâ€™re looking for
We are looking for individuals with relevant experience, or who are looking for new challenges and believe that they can leverage their existing skills in a new environment, who are able to work well as part of a team and who are responsible, decisive, clear thinking and self-motivated.
You will have experience of one or more of a number of fields relating to assets â€” capital markets, trading, hedging, ALM, LDI, risk and capital management including Solvency II and Basel III, rating methodologies for different asset classes.
In recognition of the need to invest in future growth of the practice, you’ll not only have demonstrated relevant technical skills and experience, but also have the potential, with some development support, to move on to lead on key client accounts and product areas, using your strong relationship and people management skills.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.