Our IT Platforms team is looking for a number of Agile Delivery Specialist. The positions are covered by our smart working policy and you can be based out of any of our UK offices.
Change delivery at Aviva uses the most appropriate delivery model, including Agile Scum, Kanban and XP. Making formal and informal scaling approaches to deliver large and/or complex change. Agile and DevOps is core to the way Aviva wants to operate including strong alignment to Systems Thinking and other modern, adaptive and team-centric approaches to delivery and operations.
The Agile Delivery Specialist role supports adoption of and adherence to these approaches, developing and continuously improving Agile capability and maturity in the team. Your primary purpose is to ensure their teams drive change delivery as effectively as possible with quality and innovation in line with Agile values and principles. Continually driving value optimisation. The Agile Delivery Specialist should seek to promote self-organisation within the team and drive increasing levels of software engineering maturity such as DevOps.
The Agile Delivery Specialist ensures the path is clear for the team, removing blockers, facilitating discussions, enabling seamless communications and working with the Technology Platform Lead and Product Owner to clarify the Product backlog ahead.
What will I do in this role?
- Guide the team to follow the values and principles of Agile and apply the appropriate Agile framework and techniques and create an environment of self-organisation
- Teach and coach the team and organisation in Agile theory and software engineering techniques
- Support and educate Product Owners, especially with respect to refining and maintaining a product backlog
- Ensure both internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information on team activities
- Collect and communicate all necessary metrics and propose new ones in the spirit of constant empiricism
- Optimise integrated change across assigned technology platform
- Ensure quality is driven into all aspects of the delivery lifecycle and defects are driven out as early as possible
- Perform gap analysis of overall technology platform capabilities and tool and develop a roadmap for improvement
- Support value stream mapping carried out by Agile Delivery Lead
Skills & experience we are looking for:
- A solid understanding of Agile values and principles
- A good overall knowledge of a range of Agile frameworks
- Good stakeholder management skills and an ability to inspire individuals and teams to change and improve
- Knowledge of widely successful Agile techniques and software development processes: Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Pairing, DevOps, Refactoring, ATDD/TDD/BDD, Extreme Programming (XP), Value Stream Mapping
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn and explore new ideas
What will you get for this role?
- A salary between £45,000-£60,000 depending on location, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.