Goodrich Actuation Systems Limited, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EH
Job Title Aftermarket Engineering Lead – Repair Technologies
Site Department Reporting to
Wolverhampton Engineering Aftermarket Engineering Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right individual to lead a transformation effort within the Aftermarket business of Collins Aerospace Actuation in the UK, and to support the implementation of the Aftermarket Repair Engineering Strategy.
- This role is part of an effort to drive more innovation and enhanced customer focus within our Aftermarket business, and is intended to make Aftermarket Services more competitive and best-in-class in the industry through faster designs, lower costs and reduced downtime.
- Role summary:
- The Aftermarket Engineering Lead is responsible for driving all product support, cost reduction and repair technology activities within their assigned product line(s). As part of this, the successful candidate will work with the Actuation repair site(s) to identify, develop and implement dedicated and innovative repair schemes to achieve the business’s cost reduction targets, improve repairs turnaround time and customer satisfaction. Role encompasses the following activities.
- Support the Technical interface to MRO Operations
- Support the Technical interface to Customers (Airlines / OEMs ISM Depts)
- Maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external customers
- Drive / Monitor / Coordinate/ Expedite the resolution of Technical Investigations
- Coordinate the release and update of relevant Technical Publications
- Develop innovative repairs technologies for the key Actuation product lines, including the processes necessary to address the technical challenges associated with the Aftermarket Actuation Business.
- Assist in the creation of specific repair schemes to support MRO operations as requested by Product Support Leads / MRO Operation Managers.
- Work with the relevant Actuation Repairs facilities to create cost reduction engineering plans compliant with the annual cost reduction targets.
- Track adherence to plan and identify mitigation activities to address unexpected setbacks
- Develop innovative engineering repair solutions to support customer requests / issues.
- Maximise the use of repair schemes across the business by identifying applicability to other sites or Actuation product lines when applicable.
- Provide technical leadership for all assigned engineering activities, working with the following stakeholders:
- The Project Manager(s).
- The Engineering Team
- The Product Line Technical Authority and Engineering Specialists to ensure that engineering integrity is achieved, engineering procedures are complied with and that product and service strategies are in place.
- Supply Chain / MRO Operations and Quality Departments.
- Interface with relevant New Product Introduction Engineering teams to drive modifications to the product line and maintain excellent in service performance.
- Perform other tasks which are not included in this job specification but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be given.
Engineering Deliverables including:
- Repair Schemes / Modification and Upgrades for assigned product line
- Maintenance and Technical Publications
- Technical Investigation Reports as required (including Safety Documentation when required)
- In-Service Reliability Data (including trend monitoring and analysis and PHM if deemed beneficial for product line)
- Delivery of Training Packages as required by Airlines / Internal Departments
- Support to Regular In Service Management Reviews
- A strong communicator able to interact at all levels of the organisation, with a track record a leading change.
- Extensive Engineering experience in the Aerospace (preferred) or Automotive Industry and in the Aftermarket business, preferably within the Actuation product line.
- Highly motivated; able to “make things happen” through direct leadership and the utilisation of others.
- Broad intellectual capability with a good level of technical understanding, ability to effectively interface with a wide range of professionally qualified external / internal business disciplines.
- A determined, committed individual with a track record of taking responsibility and calculated risks.
- Structured and organised; good planning, reporting and communication skills –
- Able to assess risk quickly, recognise that action needs to be taken and to then ensure that action is taken.
- Although typically a chartered engineer with experience in a product line (or similar) is preferred, it is not essential.
- BEng (minimum) or MEng (preferred) in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.