We are recruiting for an AEM Developer to join our Global Strategic CMS platform (Adobe Experience Manager) team! The team is predominantly based in London, Bristol and Norwich, we are flexible with location, however travelling to London periodically will be required post pandemic.
As the AEM Developer, you will work closely with other AEM Developers in the global teams where we value personal attributes as highly as technical capabilities. There is ample opportunity to learn and influence a collaborative approach within the team and to provide the best scope to maintain/utilise the platform.
Although our preference is for someone with experience working with AEM, we welcome applications from individuals proficient with Java 11.
Responsibilities in the role :
- Assist the Lead Developer on the successful delivery on all Global digital portfolio and future strategic programmes
- Support the definition of AEM development standards and frameworks, software architecture, design principles and ways of working
- Support the technology implementation of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) as Aviva’s strategic content management platform
Skills and knowledge needed:
- Professional Experience working in AEM version 6.X and above, valuable experience in version 6.5
- Experience working in Java based projects and building Java solutions
- Good knowledge and experience of Adobe AEM, with expertise on the full AEM Stack: AEM Modules, Granite, Sling, OSGi and JCR
- Experience implementing AEM templates, components and dialogs
- Good working knowledge of Agile software architectures
- Experience developing components using Java for data-handling
- Familiarity with Java Unit Testing using Junit
- Some experience using Mockito and PowerMock
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams
- Some knowledge of modern software engineering practices, such as Test-Driven Development, Behaviour-Driven Development, Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Maven) & Static Analysis software (SonarQube, Coverity)
- Ability to liaise/build positive relationships with stakeholders
Desirable Technical Skills
- Experience with the following: Sightly, ACS AEM Commons, Sling Servlets, Apache dispatcher configuration
- Experience developing Sling Boot microservices
- Experience developing components/services using Java 11 features
- Some experience designing and building Touch UI Workflows
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £32,250 – £59,900 depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- A holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring risk handling is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.