BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Full time role based in Sydney, Australia. Working from home options considered, with 40% of time expected at the office location
At Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP), we’ve experienced significant growth over the past ten years. GXP is a small multi-national and multi-cultural team based out of disparate geographical locations and the work culture is akin to a start-up. The Administrative Assistant (AA) serves as a contributing member of the International BAE Systems Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) Customer Engagement team. The AA position is responsible for coordinating sales-related activities for both existing and new customer engagements.
Objectives of this Role:
Administrative Assistant contributes by supporting the Director International Markets and Leadership team on organizing administrative duties on a day-to-day basis. The Administrative Assistant will be part of the International Operations team and will provide secretarial tasks and providing the Director International Markets with day-to-day administrative support, not limited to scheduling appointments and making travel arrangements.
Typically, this person will work with internal stakeholders, attending, schedule meetings and taking notes. They may be involved in preparing facilities for local events. They will be responsible in maintaining proper online filing systems.
- Adhoc diary management and scheduling for Director
- Being respectful of the culturally diverse and geographically dispersed team
- Supporting other members of the International leadership team when required
- Ensuring LT managers are equipped with all documentary information and briefed before meetings and managing information flow.
- The provision of timely, unbiased and evidenced advice to the Director if requested, acting as a “sounding board” to provide alternate point of view.
- Maintain professionalism, integrity and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Preparation of slides, minutes & actions for Management meetings and key team engagements
- Develop and cultivate collaborative relationships with peers, members of the LT Team and external partners
- Developing and supporting the implementation of GXP International strategy & initiatives
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the Director’s priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Receive, acknowledge and process all invitations for LT including key stakeholder engagements
- Arranging quarterly PERF performance reviews with Director’s direct reports.
- Printing, arranging Director’s signature
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Manage communication between upper management and employees, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks
- Delivering well-prepared PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents that convey valuable information
- Coordination of periodic reporting by sourcing relevant information from systems and engaging with other teams
- Assisting with timely and correct delegation of tasks
- Stakeholder engagement to ensure strong relationships are built and maintained both internally and externally.
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, working with travel agents. Booking hire cars, airport transfers, hotels, arranging visas. Ensuring relevant security briefings are done for international travel, paperwork submitted etc.
- Expense management – reconciling up to five AMEX credit cards monthly
- Organising events & catering when required including client meeting or team events including Social Club and staff rewards
- Coordinate IT requests for staff members, following up on common IT issues that affect everyone
- Assist with room bookings for staff, room set up, ordering catering for client meetings & tidying rooms afterwards (when meetings are local)
- Updating team calendars
- Managing group email distribution lists
- Management of visitors – Liaise with local site operations at various sites
- Lead coordination of facility maintenance and defect repairs across GXP offices – UK, Malaysia and Australia.
- Providing support and encouragement for company best practice & regulations
A strong candidate may have some or all of the following:
- A degree in secretarial work, office administration or related discipline
- At least 5+ years experiences in secretarial and administrative duties
- General administration skills and good computer software literacy such as using Microsoft Office software is required
- Good administrative, organizational and problem-solving skills are highly desirable
- Liaison between the Director and internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication, good etiquette and great interpersonal skills may be advantageous
- Full fluency in English is a must (written, oral, idiomatically)
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment and meeting datelines
- Ability to manage internal and external correspondence
- Ability to observe best business practices, regulations and policies
- The role is part of an highly international/global team where flexibility in working hours (as needed) is expected
But by far the most important attributes for the successful candidate will be the willingness to learn, flexible and the drive to make a success of the role.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have customer contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.