Role title: Account Manager – Corporates
Department: Account & Sector Management, Sales and Marketing
Coverage Group: Corporates
Location: All offices
Time Requirement : Full time / 12 month secondment
KPMG goes to market on a multi-disciplinary basis, leveraging insights to provide a broad range of solutions and services to assist our clients in meeting their business objectives and addressing areas of greatest challenge.
Within the A&SM team we provide the information, tools, support and challenge required to identify, target, secure, retain and grow our relationship with our target clients, and initiate, pursue and win high-profile opportunities for the firm.
Working with the Account team and Client Lead Partner (CLP) to manage day to day activity on the account and drive momentum and profitable growth on the account ensuring the Client Service Team (CST) and CLP are fully supported. The individual will be comfortable leading, managing, influencing and will need to be proactive.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop the initial account vision and strategy and share with the CLP to develop that into plan for the CST
- Understand the client’s key areas of focus and issues and how KPMG’s offerings map to these
- Compile and share with the CLP and wider CST client intelligence and news, vendor competitor intelligence and market analysis and identify how this could open up opportunities at the client
- Be the source of knowledge and information for the entire CST and act as the ‘connector’ on the CST, liaising with team members sharing intelligence / knowledge/best practice to better enable them to support client’s needs and ensure consistent approach in KPMG’s service delivery model to the client
- Ensure momentum and organisation on the account by regular liaison with individual CST members, organisation of the agenda/preparing the CST packs/participation at CST meetings
- Develop an onboarding pack for new CST and engagement team members which will help them understand the client quickly and how they work. KGS to regularly maintain this.
- Train KGS to keep CRM and SharePoint up-to-date, used for storing and sharing account information including making it a live system for all RFP responses and proposals documents, contracts, rate cards, engagement letters and invoices
- Work with KGS to regularly update the CST website and other communication tools (e.g. Newsletters) and other relevant communications to promote activity on the account
- Develop strong relationships wider global CST where applicable
- Take a leading role in the development of a relationship strategy and plan that drives the profitable growth of the Account
- Ensure KGS keep the client key stakeholder list up to date, track client meetings and capture meeting notes
- Ensure there is regular connectivity with and coordination across the KPMG account on existing relationships. Identify key relationships you can own and develop
- Ensure KGS track if new key client contacts are met/connected to by a CST member within a suitable time period
- Act as the key contact for the client’s Procurement, Legal and other key functions at the client to develop positive relationships
- Drive the end to end sales process including working with CLP to initiate qualification assessment through to contracting and payment
- Support the established pursuit/fields of play and key propositions, particularly those which require cross-functional co-ordination
- Enable cross fertilisation of information, ideas and competitor insight across global and local pursuit teams and the wider A&SM team
- Support the CLP/CST with bid activity. Provide support and challenge to the pitch team, inject the client perspective, apply lessons learned from previous proposals and opportunities and ensure that the proposal team understands the scoring criteria for the response
- Be proactive in having sales orientated conversations with procurement, making them aware of KPMG’s new service offerings
- Cascade successes and case studies to CST to encourage cross selling and sharing of best practices. Work with KGS to collect material.
- Ensure that our responses to RFPs make the best use of the KPMG sales tools available including MarketEDGE, NPT, Commercial team support and Negotiation team support
- Manage KGS to provide quarterly Client Voice reports to summarise what we are doing well on the account and what we could be doing better. Review this before it goes to GLP for sign-off.
- Support with win/loss debriefs with the client following a major RFP decision
Framework Agreements/MSAs and Risk Management
- Support the CLP in preparation of legal, rates and fee negotiations with client procurement
- In liaison with Contracts Unit, ensure framework agreement, master services agreements, contracts, T&Cs, statements of work etc are reviewed and agreed
- Ensure compliance with KPMG’s risk management processes including client acceptance, continuance and Sentinel. Coach KGS in these processes so they can deliver support to the account.
- KGS to regularly review marketing distribution lists and update as appropriate.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to design client-specific events to support the account’s key pursuit activity
- Draft regular communications to the client which summaries KPMG’s activity with and value add to the client and the clients vision and strategic priorities
- Report regularly against the clients account strategy, highlighting areas of over- and under-performance
- Coach KGS to regularly report on the financial position on the account and chase queries – pipeline, sales, WIP, provisions, debts, EP%, BD spend
- Support account teams with securing PO numbers and payment of invoices
- Coach and mentor to junior account team members including KGS
- Work closely with CLP PA, particularly regarding meeting scheduling
- Be an active member of the wider Account Management community in order own, share and develop best practice in Account Management with the aim of raising the overall quality of service delivered from the Account Managers
- Act as the central point of contact for issues and queries arising from the client and from our teams working with the client. Ensure they are handled promptly and effectively
Skills, competencies and experience required
- Can provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
- Ability to proactively engage with others, including building constructive relationships within the firm and especially within client service teams
- Excellent at internal and external stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral
- Confident at using PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and good knowledge of KPMG’s services
- Able to work with discretion due to the sensitive nature of the role
- Have strong financial and strategic skills
- Have excellent organisation skills with a very high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a tolerance for ambiguity, ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships, especially at a senior level across a matrix model organisation and clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences and influence at a senior level
- Be comfortable making decisions independently, yet informs and consults others regularly on relevant matters
- Solid understanding of the sales processes (CRM, MarketEDGE etc) and risk management processes (client acceptance, continuance and Sentinel)
- Forward looking with a holistic approach and be good at problem solving and root cause identification skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.