Your new company
A property organisation based in Gloucester are looking for a 2nd Line Support Technician to join their rapidly growing team.
Your new role
As an Infrastructure Technician, you will provide effective IT support across all aspects of the business, being both an escalation-point for the 1st line Helpdesk team and a key area of support to senior engineers engaging in more technical activities and projects.
The position is responsible for supporting and driving improvement in three main areas:
- End-user devices such as Desktop, Laptops and Mobiles and iPads.
- The IT Infrastructure supporting these including Microsoft Server, VMware and Microsoft Exchange environment plus Switches and Wireless hardware.
- Leading small projects and supporting larger ones including the movement to Cloud Services and SaaS, Hardware refreshes, process improvements and Cyber-Security initiatives.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Already having spent time working in a 2nd line role, ideally with previous 1st line experience.
- Previous use of IT Service Management tools.
- Working to defined SLA’s.
- Understanding of basic Cyber-Security principles.
- The management of small-medium IT Projects and supporting larger ones.
- Strong Windows 10 support, across various hardware.
- Excellent familiarity with key Microsoft software such as Office 365 & Outlook.
- Supporting Apple iOS devices and understanding of MDM’s.
- Experience of building, administering and maintaining Microsoft Servers.
- Knowledge or with VMware, including basic administration.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Early finish Fridays
- Huge Progression Opportunities
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.